This may sound very simple to most of the bloggers who already have a WordPress blog and running ads on their blog. One who of my friend who just new to WordPress and having difficulty in adding advertisement codes to WordPress Sidebar.
The steps are really simple. Before that make sure your WordPress Theme supports widget.
- Login into your WordPress blog (Note you must login with the user who has the right to change WordPress theme).
- Click on “Appearance” and then the “Widgets” link.
- You will see a “Text” tab (Arbitrary text or HTML), click on the “Add” link.
- On your right hand side, you will see a new “Text” tab has been added.
- Click on the “Edit” link. Type in the title for the text box on top (e.g. Google Adsense Advertisement).
Besides the advertisement codes, you can also use the text box to put in other visitor tracking code (e.g. Google Analytics and Statecounter).