eGenting Programming Competition 2015 is coming this November and it is now open for registration. The layout or the format of the competition is remain unchanged except that eGenting Sdn Bhd is also having another competition – eGenting Bug Hunt – on next day of the eGenting Programming Competition.
What is eGenting Programming Competition
The E-Genting Programming Competition is an annual programming competition organised by E-Genting to hire programming talent for its Systems Research & Development department, which maintains the backbone system used by Genting casinos all over the world.
Tips for eGenting Programming Competition 2015
No tips on the questions but these are the basic things you should know:
- Get familiar with at least two programming languages.
- Get familiar with SQL and DBMS, be it embedded or not.
- Get a deep understanding in data structure and algorithms like array, queue, set, stack, map, trees, object, sorting, searching and data parsing.
- Only bring the book you really need and you may consider to share books with your friends.
- Plan your time and code. Try modularize your code, it may help you save time on rewriting same portion of code at different places.
- Bring your jacket. The competition hall is cold.
- Do check back and try out past year questions.
Details of eGenting Programming Competition 2015
Date And Time Of The Competition
- Date: 14 November 2015 (Saturday)
- Time: 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- Tel: +603 2333 3276
- Email: [email protected]
Auditorium, 25th Floor Wisma Genting, Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
The competition is an open-book hand-written programming competition. You will be given a question paper with four different specifications. You are required to design and write a program to ensure that it satisfies the requirements or to solve the problems described in the specification. You are not required to answer all the questions.
Breakfast, lunch and tea break will be provided during the competition.
- First prize – RM6,000 + *Job Offer
- Second prize – RM3,000 + *Job Offer
- Third prize – RM2,000 + *Job Offer
- Distinction – RM500 + *Job Offer (Multiple prizes)
- Merit – RM200 + *Job Offer (Multiple prizes)
* Subject to terms and conditions